Here are some of the new features of the board:
- The board comes with 3 processors, freeing up the Arduino 2560 processor for running the code.
- The board now includes the Invensense 6DoF MPU-6000 IMU.
- 8 PWM Outputs – Octocopters rejoice!
- An upgraded barometer with a resolution of 10cm
- A magnetometer is now standard issue.
- A daughter board that mounts to the top of the ArduPilot Mega 2.0. It contains a SD card reader for data logging and a GPS antenna and magnetometer.
The new board comes already soldered and is cheaper than 1.0 costing $199 for the main board, the daughter board and all the sensors.
For more information see Jordi’s blog post: http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/apm-2-0-release