In order to program and tune Scout you must install “Mission Planner”. Mission Planner is application that allows you to update the firmware, configure, and program a flight path into the ArduPilot Mega.
Install Mission Planner
- Download the Mission Planner version suitable for your computer: 64-bit MissionPlanner64 or 32-bit MissionPlanner32
- Connect the supplied USB cable to your computer and Scout’s Flight Controller.
- In the upper right corner select “Arducopter”, Select the ComPort that appears and Select 115200 as the baud rate.
Upload Firmware to ArduPilot Mega
On the “Firmware” page click the appropriate airframe to upload the firmware. Once firmware has been uploaded, click “APM Setup” button.
- In the upper right corner select “Arducopter”, Select the ComPort that appears and Select 115200 as the baud rate. Click Connect.
- Once connected, click the Configuration button.
- Click the “Arducopter Level button” With Scout powered on and connected to Mission Planner, put Scout on a level surface. It is important that Scout is on a level surface in order to get an accurate calibration. Click the “Level” button.
- Once Scout is level select the either a + or x frame orientation.
Calibrate Radio Transmitter
- Turn on your Radio transmitter. Click the “Radio Calibration” button.
- Click the “Calibrate Radio” button. Move your radio sticks to all axis to there maximum travel positions. The easiest way to do this is move each stick in a clockwise square pattern. Also move the “Flight Mode” switch to it’s full travel length. The “Flight Mode” switch is usually assigned to Channel 5 on the radio.
- When finished “Click when Done” button.
- Disconnect from Mission Planner and unplug the USB cable from Scout.